Interior Inspiration: Sub Industrial
Posted on January 08 2015
Selection of new and vintage accessories to help create the industrial look for the home, including the design classic stage floor lamp.
I love interiors that have that gritty character to them, that industrial look and feel where every object has a history and a story to tell. Whilst it is incredibly easy to put vintage objects together to create this look, it is important to remember that many of these objects have huge characters and can be dominant within a living space, creating key features and focal points. Whilst some interiors appear to have that lived in cluttered feel, which looks great, many of these items will simple objects to compliment the main features within the room.
1. Ikea | Stockholm Rug - Fantastic hardwearing material that looks better with age and will add so much character to an industrial styled room.
2. Decorum | Simple Linen Pillow - a simple clean design that compliments the key features within the room, looks fantastic against the tanned leather sofa.
3. William Yeoward | Paddy Velvet Charcoal Cushion - Adding the deeper tones to the room, these pillows look brilliant clustered with other pillows of different colours and styles.
4. Cream Cornwall | Single Mackerel Black - A personal favourite, this image will add character and charm to a living space.
5. Light And Time Art |(Limited Availability) Vintage Large Kliegl Bros. Stage Light - The most dominant feature of the room, this vintage stage lamp is full of character and completes the industrial look of a room.
6. Made | (Limited Availability) Canape 3 Seater Sofa Saddle Tan - These sofas look better with age and the tanned leather creates a warming feel to the room, complemented by multiple cushions.
7. Chests & Trunks | Black Leather Storage Trunk Large - Full of personality, these trunks are not only beautiful but incredibly useful. Making fantastic storage spaces, coffee and side tables, it is great to mix and match to create different looks.
8. Cream Cornwall | Maritime Cushion Mackerel Black - Expanding the theme from the printed images, this Maritime Cushion will add a touch of humour and character to a room, fitting perfectly within the industrial theme.
9. LSA John Lewis | Glass Column Vase - Simple and elegant without taking the focus away from what is stored within. Similar to the vase in the image, this item would be fantastic for displaying rustic twigs and flowers.
10. Habitat | Opal Black Vase - Simple design with a characterful shape, this vase looks great as it is and is simple enough to be mixed with other styles of vases.