Gracefully Gold: Trends for the Home
Posted on October 18 2014
Associated with luxury lifestyle and opulence, gold is returning in popularity to the home. Discover gold interior design and furniture inspiration.
Gold is becoming increasingly popular colour within the home. Whether you are wanting to accessorise a room by adding a few gold features or are looking for something slightly larger in scale, there are items and materials out there for you. Gold is a warm and inviting colour that is largely known for representing wealth and elegance. It is not too overpowering so you can get away with anything, from adding small touches of colour to a room or filling it on a larger scale such as a feature wall or on a large focal item such as a dining table or screen. With so many beautiful designs and products currently on the market, I have selected a few key designer pieces to inspire you and help add that touch of elegance to a room.
1. Boca Do Lobo – Fortuna Limited Edition Dining Table - There is no dining table that can make more of a statement than Boca Do Lobo's Fortuna. A contemporary piece that mimics wood in a extremely beautiful gold finish, this table would suit many different dining rooms where it can be centre of attention.
2. Connections at Home - Kartell Bloom Suspension Light - A fantastic key feature to any room, the bloom light looks great singular or clustered together in groups. The metallic light is available in four different finishes in two different sizes and illuminates beautifully through the gaps between the metallic clusters of flowers.
3. Connections at Home - Kartell All Saints Mirror - Another selection from Kartell, this very simple yet beautiful mirror. Fantastic for a dining or Living room, the mirror comes in a range of solid or transparent finishes. I really love the textured edging to this mirror. It adds depth but does not over power a room.
4. Connections at Home - Kartell Masters Armchair Stacking - My final selection from the Kartell range, the Masters Armchair has a sculptural quality about it. The smoothness and simplicity of the design allows it to work well with different styles of room and decoration as it is not overpowering. This allows the chair to look great as a set at a dining room table or singularly as an accessory to a bedroom or study.
5. The Conran Shop - Michael Anastassiades Polished Brass Tip of the Tongue Light - I really love objects that do not follow the usual, that bend the rules and act as art pieces, this top of the tongue lamp does just that. Hand drafted from solid brass, this lamp would be a fantastic addition to a sideboard or side table in almost any room. An artistic concept to create a beautiful lamp.
6. Tektura - Chunky Iridescent Texture - This style of metallic wallpaper has been increasingly popular over the years. I really love the effect that it gives and it comes across almost wood like. Available in six equally beautiful colours to perfect a room.
7. Tom Dixon - Gem Candle Stick Gold & Gem Vase Tall - An instantly recognisable design, Tom Dixon objects can make a room. From the Gem collection, I have selected the candle stick and vase as my key items as they are defining and beautiful but will work so well in so many concepts. Perfect as a centrepiece to a table or as an accessory to a room on a side table, the designs will easily enhance the look of a room.